Thursday 20 June 2013

photog ISU part 1

WildLife/Nature Photography
Mark Dumbleton







I find Mark Dumbleton likes sunset and close up shots best from the genre I've seen from him. they cause a shadowy effect but since they're so zoomed in (on the animal shots) you can see specific details in their face that the common eye can't usually see especially from the distance he's at from these animals. I find is pictures unique and better than a lot I've seen because his light usage and how focused he needs to have his camera before he actually captures it. I saw that a lot of photographers take pictures quickly and don't want to take the time to get the "right shot." I chose is Africa photo shoot only because I love Africa as well as the animals in it! it was just about technique for me! I looked up Africa photo shoots and then I choose who could take the best pictures there in the harsh conditions of Africa. 

 
I like this picture best because they're are so many pictures similar by other photographers but this one actually has different angles and make it more effective like this that other photographers couldn't do. To me this picture represents freedom because in my point of view so many stars aren't just beautiful but they're never ending and go for miles and miles, no matter where you go, there's always stars. how the rock and tree are also draw your eyes to the stars and the brighter white part that looks a little like the milky way. I like the angles in this picture with the sky and how they have it with the rock and tree and on top of that, on the left side it looks like the sun is starting to rise in this picture which causes some light effects as well. I think he used flash for this picture so the rock and tree look brighter and it looks like day time but behind it is all dark and the stars are out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment